Thursday, January 10, 2013

A Visual Wonder: Life of Pi

Yesterday, Mac pulled me out of the office to watch the movie "Life of Pi" in 3D. I was not able to read the book so I barely had any idea of the story. All I know is there's a boy and a tiger in a boat. What am I suppose to make of that? But the good thing about having no clue of the story line is it kept me at the edge of my seat from start to finish. Every scene was a surprise so I was like whoah-ing and oh-my-gosh-ing the whole time while holding firmly on Mac's hand. I don't know if the people around us heard me as I verbalized my astonishment. Totally embarrassing but I couldn't help it. I know it's not a thriller movie but it was all exciting for me nonetheless.

"Life of Pi" is based on the best-selling novel written by Yann Martel about a young Indian boy named Pi Patel. Pi finds himself in the middle of the ocean after a tragic shipwreck and shares his unique adventure with a rather unlikely cast away companion Richard Parker, a wild and feral Bengal tiger. 

The story is far from shallow but very easy to take in so you can keep your mind busy absorbing the display of cinematic beauty. A total feast for the eyes. I highly recommend you guys watch the movie in 3D if you want to fully appreciate the awesome graphics. Ang Lee created an unforgettable masterpiece that will keep your eyes wide open in amazement.

Enjoy the beauty of nature, of India, and of the human spirit.


1 comment:

Chyrel Gomez said...

I have yet to see the movie! Thanks for not posting any spoiler. =)