Wednesday, January 02, 2013

The 2013 List


Vacation's over and it's back to the wonderful life at the office for most mortals like me. I believe it was a good first day at work for the year 2013. I was not late in the morning and I got a half day off which gave me enough time to run some errands and have a good run at the oval to shake all that holiday weight. As I'm typing this entry, my body's yearning to lie flat on my bed and rest but my mind is still trying to come up with things to add on my 2013 List.

I've finally gone tired of New Year's resolutions since more often than not people, and that includes me, forget about them halfway through January. I decided to just come up of a list of things I would like to do or achieve this year. The roster has a wide variety of entries from travel to financial investments to charity work and even mundane things like a bag I've been so longing to buy. And every time I get to fulfill something on the list, the item's crossed out and I get bragging rights for it.

Let me share to you some of the items on my list.

1. PROJECT THAILAND
I am no adventurer. The people closest to me know that. I'd rather watch an old DVD than enjoy fresh coconut juice at some remote island paradise during summer. So this year, I'm going to drag myself to explore the world. And I'd like to take my family with me. Hopefully by November, we'll be able to fly to Thailand and make more unforgettable memories there.

2. BUY A GUCCI MONOGRAM MESSENGER BAG
Monogram bags are not my cup of tea but I guess it won't hurt to invest on one. Something small and subtle and really casual would do so I can bring it anywhere anytime.

3. LOSE WEIGHT
This will require a great deal of discipline from me. I really need to cut down on my rice intake. Less salt, more vinegar. And I need to add more vegetables on the list of the greens I can eat. Also, I plan to buy a complete running outfit which would probably motivate me to go to the oval at least twice a week.

4. VISIT A HERITAGE SITE
In grade school, we had field trips to The Walled City of Intramuros, Rizal Shrine, Aguinaldo Shrine, and other heritage sites in and around Manila but I could hardly recall how those places looked. I asked Mac if we could tour those sites again, just the two of us and play tourists. Oh that would be fun.

5. PAY IT FORWARD
I studied at Ateneo de Manila from grade school to college and owe my entire education to the university's scholarship program. I guess it is just right for me to pay it forward in whatever way I can. There were these piggy banks entrusted to scholars like me before we graduated college. We were requested to fill them up to fund the education of future scholars. Mine is still half empty. Clearly, I'm not good at saving money. But this year, I will fill this pig up and help another deserving student have an Atenean education.

And the list goes on. I believe that 2013 will be a good year and that most if not all of the items in my 2013 list will be marked done.

What's on your list?

1 comment:

Chyrel Gomez said...

I want to go to BKK, too. Take me with you, please! XD